It’s that time of year again! While most people are thinking about losing weight and setting it as a resolution, for me hair care has been on the brain.
I’ve been going through another hair rut where the messy hair bun has become the norm. I’ll mix it up, though, with the occasional side braid or the side braid with my trusty ole’ baseball cap. That’s when I know it’s time for my hair to get its groove back.
So this year I’ve made the intention to take better care of my hair. This includes:
- Getting my hair trimmed every other month as opposed to only once or twice a year. I know, I was really bad about this.
- Washing my hair only 2x a week. Hair stylists have different opinions as to how often you should wash your hair, but since I have a dry scalp, I don’t like to dry it out even more by overwashing.
- Deep condition my hair at least once or twice a month. When I had my hair colored during the summer, the stylist said that I should deep condition my hair because color-treated hair tends to dry out easily. I haven’t been following her advice, and it definitely shows.
Although I haven’t been deep conditioning my hair as I should be, I have been trying out this new haircare line from Truss called the Mini Hydration Kit that includes a shampoo, intensive restore (to repair and condition), and a discipline treatment (to seal the hair cuticle). It’s highly recommended for any type of damaged hair.
At first I wasn’t too keen on doing a 3-step process. I like to keep shower time as short and sweet as possible. However, I’ve come to realize that the extra time to wash my hair is so worth it because this Truss Mini Hydration Kit leaves my hair so much softer. I can just imagine how much softer it would be if I went to the salon to trim off the dead ends!
Key ingredients in this kit include keratin, collagen, creatine, panthenol, phospholipids, plus the proprietary Truss 3D glow system, 7 miracle oil blend, and nano repair.
I actually had never heard of Truss until I started using these products, but apparently this company is one of Brazil’s largest beauty manufacturers and they’re hoping to make a presence in the U.S. market. Find out more about Truss by visiting TrussCosmetics.com.
Want to try out the Truss Mini Hydration Kit and see for yourself how awesome these products are? Enter the giveaway and you might just be the lucky winner who will receive this kit! ($31.40 value)
* Open to U.S. residents only
* Submit your entries via the form below:
– Receive 5 entries for following @YouAreBeauty on Twitter
– Receive 5 entries for following @TrussProf on Twitter
– Receive 4 entries by leaving a blog comment and sharing a hair care tip
– Receive 4 entries per day by sharing the giveaway on Twitter
– Receive 3 entries for visiting Truss Professional on Facebook
– Receive 3 entries for visiting Beauty Is Within on Facebook
* Giveaway ends January 31, 2016 at 11:59 PM PST. Winner will be chosen randomly and announced on February 2, 2016.