One of my goals with this blog – besides helping women discover their inner beauty – is to help women enhance their natural beauty. Each of us is unique and beautiful in our own ways, but many of us attempt to hide this beauty because of a perceived flaw.
The truth is, there are no such thing as flaws. What you think is a flaw could be seen as beautiful to someone else. Embracing your natural beauty is a matter of being more accepting of what you were born with and having the confidence to allow your inner beauty to shine through to your outer beauty.
So, how do you go about enhancing that natural beauty of yours? Here are my top 5 tips:
1. Use natural beauty products. Using makeup or skin care products that are made of natural or organic ingredients can have long-term health benefits for your skin. You’re less likely to experience allergic reactions or suffer from skin disorders or acne.
2. Use makeup to play up your best features, not to hide your real face from the world. There’s a time and place to be bold with your makeup, but for everyday makeup it’s good to keep it to a minimum.
3. Never underestimate the power of a pretty smile. It’s a simple thing to do, really, but a smile can make a big impact. A smile can light up a room, not to mention that it can light up your face and radiate your beauty.
4. Be authentic. There’s nothing more damaging to your natural beauty than to be something you’re not. It’s too much work and causes too much stress. Just be YOU. If other people can’t accept that, then perhaps they shouldn’t be in your life.
5. Surround yourself with positive people. When it comes to true beauty, your attitude and how you look at life can go a long way. There’s nothing more attractive than a positive attitude. When you have positive, supportive friends, they are more likely to accept you for who you are and not what you look like.