All the clothes and makeup in the world are not worth anything if you don’t have a solid foundation of confidence and high self-esteem. Here are my top 5 ways to show love for yourself today…
1. Affirm positive, loving thoughts to yourself. As you’re getting ready in the morning, look at yourself in the mirror and say, “I love you!” Do this every day for 30 days, and you’ll be surprised how much better you’ll feel.
2. Feed your soul with inspiration. I like to read self-help books because they always inspire me to want to be a better person. Right now I’m reading “The Beauty Blueprint” by Michelle Phillips (Full review coming soon).
3. Spend at least 10 minutes relaxing or meditating. In our hectic society, it seems that we are always on the go. No matter how busy your day is, though, take at least 10 minutes to just relax quietly, meditate, and visualize positive things happening for you. Pictured here to the left is me putting my feet up in my new Lovesac Phur slippers. Whenever I slip on these super soft slippers, my mind and body just goes, “Ahhhh….” (By the way, Lovesac has these on sale for $29 right now. The perfect holiday gift for yourself!)
4. Do something that brings you joy. Whether it’s gardening, walking in the park, painting, or just spending time with friends, do something everyday that makes you laugh and smile. I truly believe that laughter is “the best medicine”!
5. Send love out to the world.I believe that whatever you put out always comes back to you. I experience this on a daily basis, so I know it to be true. When you genuinely love others, that love is reflected back to you and brings meaning to your life. It makes you that much more beautiful!
If you like this article, check out 5 Gifts to Give Yourself on Valentine’s Day