It’s only once in a blue moon that I get out to a fashion event in San Diego, but recently it seemed like a non-stop fashion fiesta for me…
First stop: Horton Plaza Nine West Event
When I walked up the stairs to the Nine West store, there was a long line waiting outside to meet Fred Allard, the creative director for Nine West. I was very excited about this event because I finally got to meet fellow fashion/beauty/style blogger, Sarah Conley of StyleIt. Sarah is also on the PR team for Nine West (Thanks for the invite, Sarah!), so she traveled from New York City to represent…
I also got to see Crosby Norris of PR Couture whom I haven’t seen in years – even though we’re both fashion bloggers who live in San Diego! Here’s Crosby modeling a pair of very cute gold sandals which she bought that night…
I have these preconceived ideas about French men who work in the fashion industry, but Fred Allard really changed all those stereotypes. He’s such a down-to-earth guy who is so passionate about his work. Watch the video below where Fred talks about what inspires him and the future of Nine West…
Next Stop: Nordstrom Fashion Valley
The next day I ventured out to Nordstrom Fashion Valley (My favorite department store and former employer!) to view the exclusive collection for Nordstrom. Fred and Gossip Girl stylist, Eric Daman, talked about the different spring styles – which is something I should have paid more attention to, but I think I had ADHD that day. There were just too many pretty shoes to look at!
Eric Daman did take a few minutes to tell me about his creative process, shares some thoughts about how he started in fashion, plus he gives us his tips for spring 2010 fashion…
Don’t fret if you missed the Nine West events… Now you can join in the festivities because I have a special giveaway for you, dear reader!
One person will win the following:
– A pair of Nine West shoes from the exclusive Nordstrom collection. You have your choice of The Botero, The Imeila, or The Linkit.
– An Elle shopping bag
– A signed copy of Eric Daman’s book, You Know You Want It
– Trend information from Eric & Fred’s presentation
1. Enter via the form below or tweet about the giveaway on Twitter!
2. Here is a sample tweet you can use:
Enter to win the @ShopNineWest giveaway hosted by @youarebeauty! Visit: http://bit.ly/c15BzV (RT to enter) #fashion #giveaway
3. Two entries maximum per person (one entry via the form above and one tweet).
4. Bonus entry for bloggers who announce this giveaway to their readers and link to this post!
5. Giveaway ends May 6, 2010, 11:55 P.M.
6. Three winners will be selected by random and notified on May 7, 2010.
7. Giveaway is open to US residents.
8. Winners must respond within 72 hours of notification.